Khoya Modak is one of the easy modak recipes that you can try for this Ganesh Chaturthi 2016.With just 3 main ingredients, it turns out so delicious. Even who is not fond of nuts love it. We suaulyl make the outer covering of modak using rice flour and this is made with unsweetened khoya. It has a melth in the mouth texture , this khoya modak is nothing but milk peda modak :D. It will be unique and cute to share among friends and neighbors too, so you can make a small batch and include in your Ganesh Chaturthi food spread.
Khoya Modak Recipe
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Unsweetened Khoya – 1 cup
Mixed nuts* / Nuts Powder – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Saffron – 5 strands
Warm milk – 1 tbsp
Ghee – to grease
Grate Khoya, measure 1 cup and set aside.In a mixer jar add sugar. Powder it.Now add nuts and blend to a coarse dry mixture.
- I used Cashew,Badam and Pista. You can use any nuts of your choice.
- You can even toast the nuts and powder it.
- Make sure the khoya mixture comes together before you switch off else you cannot shape it.
- If it doesnt come together,cook for few more mins.
- I used unsweetened khoya form nilgris which was dark in color as you can see.You can use homemade too.
- You can even stuff it up with dryfruits nuts mixture.